Hard to know how to sum up ‘who we are’ in a few short sentences, but we understand that you might want to know a little something about who you might meet when you step through the doors of Bayridge.
Follow the links to get all the facts, but really…we would like to meet you in person!
The mission of BAC is to be a faithful Christian community that believes in and seeks to follow Jesus Christ.
Our desire is to be a transformational community of faith that is:
- Overflowing in prayer and worship to the Father,
- Growing stronger together in Word and Spirit, and
- Reaching out with Christ’s love.
Our Core Values
Because the kingdom of God is fundamentally relational in character, we embrace the following values:
- Unconditional love for one another is the best expression of Christ-likeness, and goes far toward healing relational wounds,
- Relationships of openness and honesty allow us to drop our masks and live in personal freedom, acceptance by others, and the joy of the Lord,
- Ready forgiveness is characteristic of those who know that they are recipients of God’s incredible mercy, grace and love, and so, are quick to extend the same to others,
- Declaring and demonstrating genuine care and commitment to others is the best way of following the example of Jesus,
- Truth should be presented with compassion and loving kindness, and
We value unity of effort within diversity of ideas.
The following characteristics distinguish BAC:
- BAC is a church that practices community because “doing life together” beyond the Sunday corporate gathering is critical to our faith,
- BAC is a church that emphasizes our role in helping families to pass the baton of faith from generation to generation,
- BAC is a church that strives to bring the message of God’s healing power to those in need both inside and outside of our church body, and
- BAC is a church that extends Christ’s love to the Kingston area and beyond to meet each person’s need to be loved, belong, and be significant.