The mission of BAC is to be a faithful Christian community committed to making disciples of Jesus.
Our desire is to be a transformational community of faith that is:
- Overflowing in prayer and worship to the Father,
- Growing stronger together in Word and Spirit, and
- Reaching out with Christ’s love.
Our Core Values
Because the kingdom of God is fundamentally relational in character, we embrace the following values:
- Unconditional love for one another is the best expression of Christ-likeness, and goes far toward healing relational wounds,
- Relationships of openness and honesty allow us to drop our masks and live in personal freedom, acceptance by others, and the joy of the Lord,
- Ready forgiveness is characteristic of those who know that they are recipients of God’s incredible mercy, grace and love, and so, are quick to extend the same to others,
- Declaring and demonstrating genuine care and commitment to others is the best way of following the example of Jesus,
- Truth should be presented with compassion and loving kindness, and
We value unity of effort within diversity of ideas.
The following characteristics distinguish BAC:
- BAC is a church that practices community because “doing life together” beyond the Sunday corporate gathering is critical to our faith,
- BAC is a church that emphasizes our role in helping families to pass the baton of faith from generation to generation,
- BAC is a church that strives to bring the message of God’s healing power to those in need both inside and outside of our church body, and
- BAC is a church that extends Christ’s love to the Kingston area and beyond to meet each person’s need to be loved, belong, and be significant.