June 21 Devotional
We have a great morning planned as we get to meet Cam, Amy, and Maddie Golberg (if you are doing this at home, the video will only include Cam, sorry) as Cam shares his testimony and call to ministry with us. Then Pastor Greg is going to open God’s word and lead us into communion. It is great to be in the presence of the Lord this morning as we worship. Let’s start by singing “Your Name Is Power” (sorry for any pop up ads)
The week leading up to Easter, when we were still in the early phases of physical distancing and isolation I was contacted by Rev. Jacob Birch from our District Leadership to inquire if we would be open to a conversation with Rev. Alan Nikkel, who serves as an Alliance chaplain with Canadian Armed Forces, about BAC possibly partnering with the CAF in hosting a Chaplain-Cadet for two years of local church ministry. It was an intriguing possibility at a very strange time. We have set out in a slow yet quick process of getting to know Cam and his heart for ministry. Considering how this could be a mutually beneficial partnership, formulating a job description, holding an interview and all the while seeking the Lord’s will in this.
Before we make a final decision this week, we want you to be able to meet Cam and his family. I’ve asked Cam to share his testimony and call to ministry with us this morning. I have been blessed in hearing the work the Lord has done in this family and I trust you will be to as you watch this video testimony
Before moving on to our next song, would you take time to pray for the Golberg family? Thank God for what you just heard, pray about the changes that are upcoming for them, and ask the Lord to affirm what his will is in this opportunity.
As we move into celebrating the Lord’s Supper, take a moment to contemplate Jesus as Your Bread of Life. What food that spoils is getting in the way of fully embracing him as your bread of life? Ask the Spirit to show you anything that needs to be dealt with prior to taking Communion.
1 Corinthians 11:23-24 tells us, “23 For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread, 24 and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, “This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me.”
As you take the bread, remember the Bread of Life that gave himself for us.
Continuing in 1 Corinthians 11, verses 25 and 26 tell us, “25 In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.” 26 For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes.”
To this we say, “Amen! Come, Lord Jesus.”
Before we close, I just want to share a few announcements:
- Tuesday Prayer Meeting – We will again meet for prayer online via ZOOM. Watch your email for the link to join and share your prayer requests with Pastor Dave (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Although regular office hours are suspended we continue to work. If you need anything please contact myself (email@example.com) or Pastor Greg (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Feel free to share this and other email communications with others. Some from the church are not on the email list and we have had a few that have not received it even though they are on the list. Please help us make sure that people are keeping connected.
I encourage you to do two things with your giving that may help a little.
- Do your giving each week as part of this devotional/worship time. I know it is not exactly the same thing, but it does help us view our giving as worship rather than simply a financial transaction
- Take time to pray as you give. Thank God for what he has given to you, acknowledge your trust in him for tomorrow, and tell him why you give to him and the work of his church.
- Best – E-Transfer (no fees)
- email@example.com is the email address you will need to make an e-transfer
- Please include your first and last name in the memo box
- If you know your envelope number please include it in the memo box (*Do not include the # sign as it will not accept that)
- Still good, but with fees – Canada Helps
- https://bayridgealliance.ca/give-with-canada-helps/ and click on the donate button to give
Thank you for honouring God by supporting the Church.
The Lord bless you
and keep you;
25 the Lord make his face shine on you
and be gracious to you;
26 the Lord turn his face toward you
and give you peace.”’