Welcome this morning as we begin our worship with selected readings from Psalm 51
David prayed this after adultery with Bathsheba
Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions. 2 Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin. 3 For I know my transgressions, and my sin is always before me. 4 Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight; so you are right in your verdict and justified when you judge. 9 Hide your face from my sins and blot out all my iniquity. 10 Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. 11 Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. 12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. 16 You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it; you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings. 17 My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart you, God, will not despise.
Scripture Memory Verse
- Your spiritual growth stops when you say NO.
- Envy… (wanting what others have… Wishing others in your life looked like other people….)
- Deeply selfish (first thought is about self/how I look to others…)
- Unfaithful (Trying to control the situation on our own…)
- Hostile (not open to other views ”NO IT IS THIS WAY”…)
- Greedy (craving praise, material things, glory, physique…)
- Angry (continuously grumpy… unforgiving…. Unaccepting…. )
- Vengeful (many lawsuits… calling bylaw all the time…)
- Hateful (your sins are less than theirs)
- Lustful (pornography, coveting others, looking at other women/men “I wish….”)
- Hypocritical (“I’m a better Christian than that person…” “… oh… I don’t do that!!!….”
- Pretentious (see hypocritical… propping yourself up)
- Continually stressed out
- Prideful (I did it! “It is MY money”)
- Untruthful (… to yourself as well as others) ….
Benediction “Good Words”
Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear?’ 32 For it is the Gentiles who strive for all these things; and indeed your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 But strive first for the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
Before we close, I just want to share a few announcements:
- For the Summer and the rotating vacation schedules please book appointments by calling the office (613-389-9060) or emailing.
- Katie can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org, Pastor Greg can be reached at email@example.com, Pastor Cam can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
I encourage you to do two things with your giving that may help a little.
- Do your giving each week as part of this devotional/worship time. I know it is not exactly the same thing, but it does help us view our giving as worship rather than simply a financial transaction.
- Take time to pray as you give. Thank God for what he has given to you, acknowledge your trust in him for tomorrow, and tell him why you give to him and the work of his church. Ps 24:1, 2 Cor 9:6-7.
- Best – E-Transfer (no fees)
- email@example.com is the email address you will need to make an e-transfer
- Please include your first and last name in the memo box
- If you know your envelope number please include it in the memo box (*Do not include the # sign as it will not accept that)
- Still good, but with fees – Canada Helps
- https://bayridgealliance.ca/give-with-canada-helps/ and click on the donate button to give
Thank you for honouring God by supporting your local Church. Pr 3:9-10