Let’s begin our time of worship with reading Psalm 51.
1 Have mercy on me, O God,
according to your unfailing love;
according to your great compassion
blot out my transgressions.
2 Wash away all my iniquity
and cleanse me from my sin.
3 For I know my transgressions,
and my sin is always before me.
4 Against you, you only, have I sinned
and done what is evil in your sight;
so you are right in your verdict
and justified when you judge.
5 Surely I was sinful at birth,
sinful from the time my mother conceived me.
6 Yet you desired faithfulness even in the womb;
you taught me wisdom in that secret place.
7 Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean;
wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.
8 Let me hear joy and gladness;
let the bones you have crushed rejoice.
9 Hide your face from my sins
and blot out all my iniquity.
10 Create in me a pure heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
11 Do not cast me from your presence
or take your Holy Spirit from me.
12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation
and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.
13 Then I will teach transgressors your ways,
so that sinners will turn back to you.
14 Deliver me from the guilt of bloodshed, O God,
you who are God my Savior,
and my tongue will sing of your righteousness.
15 Open my lips, Lord,
and my mouth will declare your praise.
16 You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it;
you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings.
17 My sacrifice, O God, is[b] a broken spirit;
a broken and contrite heart
you, God, will not despise.
18 May it please you to prosper Zion,
to build up the walls of Jerusalem.
19 Then you will delight in the sacrifices of the righteous,
in burnt offerings offered whole;
then bulls will be offered on your altar.
Regardless of what we have done, we can come to God and ask him to give us a pure heart. Hallelujah!
We’re going to continue learning scripture from the Beatitudes. This week we are learning Matthew 5:5-6.
“5Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth. 6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.”
Before we close, I just want to share a few announcements:
- We want to share a report on how the BACyard Bible Clubs are going . Joy Olding reports, “We had our 4th week of BACyard Bible Clubs this week. We had 10 kids attend and they were a wonderful keen group of kids. There were some great questions asked and even though I did not lead anyone to the Lord, I believe one little girl accepted Christ on her own at home, which is very exciting. So good to see the Lord working and encouraging the parents to open their own bibles with their kids. One parent was especially excited that the kids were learning memory verses and said it really encouraged her to make that a priority with her own kids. Praise God. God is good and will carry us through one more week; we look forward to what He is going to do. Please be praying for our last club at Jan McKnight’s house next week.”
- Office schedule – The Office is open but we still need to work on an appointment only basis. This is especially important as office hours may be a little different during the summer due to outside commitments and vacations. If you are looking to get in touch with us, email is still the best option. Katie can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org, Pastor Greg can be reached at email@example.com, and Pastor Cam can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. As many of you are aware, Pastor Dave is on sabbatical until December 31, 2021.
- As we look forward to the fall, we will be changing our service times and format. The timing of this will depend on the restrictions at that time, as well as our ability to get some technical pieces in place. Stay tuned for further communication in this regard.
I encourage you to do two things with your giving that may help a little.
- Do your giving each week as part of this devotional/worship time. I know it is not exactly the same thing, but it does help us view our giving as worship rather than simply a financial transaction
- Take time to pray as you give. Thank God for what he has given to you, acknowledge your trust in him for tomorrow, and tell him why you give to him and the work of his church.
- Best – E-Transfer (no fees)
- email@example.com is the email address you will need to make an e-transfer
- Please include your first and last name in the memo box
- If you know your envelope number please include it in the memo box (*Do not include the # sign as it will not accept that)
- Still good, but with fees – Canada Helps
- https://bayridgealliance.ca/give-with-canada-helps/ and click on the donate button to give
Thank you for honouring God by supporting the Church.
The Lord bless you
and keep you;
25 the Lord make his face shine on you
and be gracious to you;
26 the Lord turn his face toward you
and give you peace.”’