Let’s begin this morning with a song…
- What have been some of your most joyful experiences in life?
Prayer: Take some time in prayer praising God for these joy filled experiences.
Scripture Memory Verse – Throughout advent, we have been learning John 1:14. We’ve spent the last two weeks focussing on the first sentence and now it is time to work on the second sentence. As you learn this, consider the significance of Jesus being “full of grace and truth.” The implication is he fully brings both of these at the same time into all situations.
John 1:14 “The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.”
Advent Video Peace – Advent – JOY
Today we relight the first two candles of the Advent wreath. The candle of HOPE and the candle of PEACE. Now we light the third candle of Advent. This is the candle of JOY. As the coming of Jesus, our Savior, draws nearer, our joy builds with our anticipation of his birth. From the Book of Isaiah we read the words of our Lord:
“But be glad and rejoice forever in what I am creating; for I am about to create Jerusalem as a joy, and its people as a delight.” – Isaiah 65:18
From the New Testament, the words of Paul to the people of the church at Philippi:
“Rejoice in the Lord always, I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” –Philippians 4:4-9
Let us pray:
We joyfully praise you, O Lord, for the fulfillment of your promise of a Savior and what that means in our lives. Thank you for the gift of salvation through the birth of your son, Jesus. Create us anew as we wait, and help us to see your glory as you fill our lives with your living Spirit. Amen.
Before we close, I just want to share a few announcements:
Jaffray Missions Offering
November 29th – December 13th we will be collecting a special offering for missions. This offering will be distributed to our local and global ministry partners before the end of December. This is a great way to be generous during advent. If you are able to give over and above your regular offering, we invite you to do so by indicating “Missions” through your preferred giving option (E transfer, Canada Helps, Envelope). Thank you in advance for your generosity.
Kids Zoom – Will resume January 6
Youth – Will resume January 8
Prayer Meeting – Missions Prayer this Tuesday at 7pm. This is an online ONLY meeting as some of our missions partners will be joining us. Watch for the link on Tuesday during the day.
Office schedule – The Office is open Monday to Thursday. Visits continue to be by appointment only at this time, so be sure to call ahead or email. Katie can be reached at email@example.com, Pastor Greg can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org, Pastor Dave can be reached at email@example.com, and Pastor Cam can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
I encourage you to do two things with your giving that may help a little.
- Do your giving each week as part of this devotional/worship time. I know it is not exactly the same thing, but it does help us view our giving as worship rather than simply a financial transaction
- Take time to pray as you give. Thank God for what he has given to you, acknowledge your trust in him for tomorrow, and tell him why you give to him and the work of his church.
- Best – E-Transfer (no fees)
- email@example.com is the email address you will need to make an e-transfer
- Please include your first and last name in the memo box
- If you know your envelope number please include it in the memo box (*Do not include the # sign as it will not accept that)
- Still good, but with fees – Canada Helps
- https://bayridgealliance.ca/give-with-canada-helps/ and click on the donate button to give
Thank you for honouring God by supporting the Church.
The Lord bless you
and keep you;
25 the Lord make his face shine on you
and be gracious to you;
26 the Lord turn his face toward you
and give you peace.”’