As we begin this morning, I want us to take time to prepare ourselves for what the Lord has for us today. We all come with things in mind that were part of the week past or the week coming. Can I invite you to lay them down before the Lord and focus on him? This allows us then to turn our eyes to him and see what he would have for us as it relates to those things we have laid down in submission to him.
Take a moment to do this in prayer and then we will sing our first song.
Psalm 105:1-2 says…
Give praise to the Lord, proclaim his name;
make known among the nations what he has done.
2 Sing to him, sing praise to him;
tell of all his wonderful acts.
During our online service, we are going to take time to share with one another some of the blessings God has done in our lives and in doing so we will tell of his wonderful acts. For those at home, I encourage you to take this time to consider what God has done in your life and the blessings they are. Thank the Lord for these in prayer.
Scripture: Galatians 5, 1-12
Missions Focus: Christian Horizons
During our online gathering, we will be receiving an update from the Osbornes about Christian Horizons and the work they are doing. For those of you at home, I encourage you to take a look at the Christian Horizons website (https://www.christian-horizons.org/areas/1351-kingston) to see what they do here in Kingston.
Prayer for Christian Horizons
- For residents who struggle with the new limitations as a result of COVID-19
- For staff who are in an emotionally and physically demanding job
- For ongoing budget decisions
- That their impact would be felt by those they serve and the community as a whole
Before we close, I just want to share a few announcements:
- Although regular office hours are suspended we continue to work. If you need anything please contact myself (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Pastor Greg (email@example.com).
- Feel free to share this and other email communications with others. Some from the church are not on the email list and we have had a few that have not received it even though they are on the list. Please help us make sure that people are keeping connected.
- Youth Online Gathering – Thursday 6:30pm this week we’ll meet online with the Golberg family. We have some online games planned to help us get to know these new folks. I hope you can join us. A zoom link will be sent out on Friday. Please RSVP if you plan to attend by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kids Online Gathering – Don’t forget to join Mrs. Olding online each Wednesday. JK – Grade 3 from 4-5pm, Grade 4-8 from 7-8pm. Watch for the zoom links on Wednesday.
I encourage you to do two things with your giving that may help a little.
- Do your giving each week as part of this devotional/worship time. I know it is not exactly the same thing, but it does help us view our giving as worship rather than simply a financial transaction
- Take time to pray as you give. Thank God for what he has given to you, acknowledge your trust in him for tomorrow, and tell him why you give to him and the work of his church.
- Best – E-Transfer (no fees)
- email@example.com is the email address you will need to make an e-transfer
- Please include your first and last name in the memo box
- If you know your envelope number please include it in the memo box (*Do not include the # sign as it will not accept that)
- Still good, but with fees – Canada Helps
- https://bayridgealliance.ca/give-with-canada-helps/ and click on the donate button to give
Thank you for honouring God by supporting the Church.
Let’s close with one final song focusing on the love of God toward us.
The Lord bless you
and keep you;
25 the Lord make his face shine on you
and be gracious to you;
26 the Lord turn his face toward you
and give you peace.”’