Let’s start this morning by reading Psalm 63 and then a song…
You, God, are my God,
earnestly I seek you;
I thirst for you,
my whole being longs for you,
in a dry and parched land
where there is no water.
2 I have seen you in the sanctuary
and beheld your power and your glory.
3 Because your love is better than life,
my lips will glorify you.
4 I will praise you as long as I live,
and in your name I will lift up my hands.
5 I will be fully satisfied as with the richest of foods;
with singing lips my mouth will praise you.
6 On my bed I remember you;
I think of you through the watches of the night.
7 Because you are my help,
I sing in the shadow of your wings.
8 I cling to you;
your right hand upholds me.
9 Those who want to kill me will be destroyed;
they will go down to the depths of the earth.
10 They will be given over to the sword
and become food for jackals.
11 But the king will rejoice in God;
all who swear by God will glory in him,
while the mouths of liars will be silenced.
Scripture Memory Verse – As we start a new year, we continue our scripture memory by learning Romans 12:12.
Romans 12:12 “Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.”
Before we close, I just want to share a few announcements:
- Services Online – Due to the province wide lock down we will only be meeting online for our worship services. This service will be at 10:30am each week. Current restrictions should allow us to resume our in person services again on Sunday, January 24th.
- Tuesday Prayer Online – Join us this Tuesday at 7pm for our BAC Life prayer night. If you have any prayer requests that you would like to share with us, please email Pastor Dave (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Wednesday Kid’s Zoom – Kid’s Zoom will resume this Wednesday. Watch for an email early in the week with details and the links.
- Friday Youth Online – Youth is scheduled to start again this Friday, January 8th. Youth will also need to go online for the next few weeks. Watch for an email from your youth leaders with details.
- Office schedule – The Office is closed due to the province wide lock down. We will still be monitoring our emails from home. Katie can be reached at email@example.com, Pastor Greg can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org, Pastor Dave can be reached at email@example.com, and Pastor Cam can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
I encourage you to do two things with your giving that may help a little.
- Do your giving each week as part of this devotional/worship time. I know it is not exactly the same thing, but it does help us view our giving as worship rather than simply a financial transaction
- Take time to pray as you give. Thank God for what he has given to you, acknowledge your trust in him for tomorrow, and tell him why you give to him and the work of his church.
- Best – E-Transfer (no fees)
- email@example.com is the email address you will need to make an e-transfer
- Please include your first and last name in the memo box
- If you know your envelope number please include it in the memo box (*Do not include the # sign as it will not accept that)
- Still good, but with fees – Canada Helps
- https://bayridgealliance.ca/give-with-canada-helps/ and click on the donate button to give
Thank you for honouring God by supporting the Church.
The Lord bless you
and keep you;
25 the Lord make his face shine on you
and be gracious to you;
26 the Lord turn his face toward you
and give you peace.”’