July 11, 2021
Good morning. Let’s begin our time of worship with reading Psalm 6.
1 Lord, do not rebuke me in your anger or discipline me in your wrath. 2 Have mercy on me, Lord, for I am faint; heal me, Lord, for my bones are in agony. 3 My soul is in deep anguish. How long, Lord, how long? 4 Turn, Lord, and deliver me; save me because of your unfailing love. 5 Among the dead no one proclaims your name. Who praises you from the grave? 6 I am worn out from my groaning. All night long I flood my bed with weeping and drench my couch with tears. 7 My eyes grow weak with sorrow; they fail because of all my foes. 8 Away from me, all you who do evil, for the Lord has heard my weeping. 9 The Lord has heard my cry for mercy; the Lord accepts my prayer. 10 All my enemies will be overwhelmed with shame and anguish; they will turn back and suddenly be put to shame.
Not exactly the most upbeat of the Psalms, but a good reminder that the Lord is with us in the midst of difficulty. He hears our cries. Take a moment to invite him in to the areas of pain and suffering you may be dealing with right now.
We’re going to continue learning scripture from our passage from Ephesians 2. Last week we worked on verse 8, and this week we will be learning verse 9. Both of them are below:
“8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.”
I Am Not Alone (Sorry for any ads in this one)
Missions – BAC Youth
- that the conditions would be right so that they can return to their mission field (school) in person in September.
- That God will keep them safe and give them a much needed break while they take time off of a stressful year this summer.
- The start up in September will be in person for youth group as online currently lacks the full arena for presenting teaching as well as fellowship.
Before we close, I just want to share a few announcements:
- Summer Service Schedule – a reminder that during the summer, our online service will start at 9:00 am, and our in-person service will begin at 10:30 am.
- Office schedule – The Office is open but we still need to work on an appointment only basis. This is especially important as office hours may be a little different during the summer due to outside commitments and vacations. If you are looking to get in touch with us, email is still the best option. Katie can be reached at email@example.com, Pastor Greg can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org, and Pastor Cam can be reached at email@example.com. Pastor Greg is on vacation from July 16-31. As many of you are aware, Pastor Dave is on sabbatical until December 31, 2021.
I encourage you to do two things with your giving that may help a little.
- Do your giving each week as part of this devotional/worship time. I know it is not exactly the same thing, but it does help us view our giving as worship rather than simply a financial transaction
- Take time to pray as you give. Thank God for what he has given to you, acknowledge your trust in him for tomorrow, and tell him why you give to him and the work of his church.
- Best – E-Transfer (no fees)
- firstname.lastname@example.org is the email address you will need to make an e-transfer
- Please include your first and last name in the memo box
- If you know your envelope number please include it in the memo box (*Do not include the # sign as it will not accept that)
- Still good, but with fees – Canada Helps
- https://bayridgealliance.ca/give-with-canada-helps/ and click on the donate button to give
Thank you for honouring God by supporting the Church.
The Lord bless you
and keep you;
25 the Lord make his face shine on you
and be gracious to you;
26 the Lord turn his face toward you
and give you peace.”’