Welcome this morning as we begin our worship with selected readings from Psalm 37
Psalm 37 (selected)
“the land” = rest, security, safety
“prosperity” = shalom – wholeness, complete, not necessarily wealthy
Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; do not fret when people succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes. Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret—it leads only to evil. But the meek will inherit the land and enjoy peace and prosperity. The wicked draw the sword and bend the bow to bring down the poor and needy, to slay those whose ways are upright. But their swords will pierce their own hearts, and their bows will be broken. Better the little that the righteous have than the wealth of many wicked; for the power of the wicked will be broken, but the Lord upholds the righteous. The blameless spend their days under the Lord’s care, and their inheritance will endure forever. In times of disaster they will not wither; in days of famine they will enjoy plenty.
**** note **** even during the worst natural calamity God promises to ensure they have enough to survive AND more!
GREAT! Is God’s faithfulness
Scripture Memory Verse
“For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.”
Old Rugged Cross
“… non-profit, developmental services organization, Christian Horizons helps people experiencing disabilities accomplish their goals and thrive in communities where their God-given gifts are valued and respected.” (https://christianhorizons.org)
Backyard Bible Clubs:
“Last week we had our first bacYARD Bible club at the Fleets house. We had 5 kids in total and everything went really well. We saw God at work and we are thankful for his goodness! It was a good week of practice, and we are looking forward to 4 more weeks of clubs to come. Next week we are at Kama Yantha’s house each morning. She has around 8 kids coming. Please be praying for good weather each morning and for the Holy Spirit to help Joy teach and the kids’ hearts as they listen. Joy is hosting a club at her place during the first week of August. If you have any kids or know of any kids who would like to come, please contact her.”
Before we close, I just want to share a few announcements:
- For the Summer and the rotating vacation schedules please book appointments by calling the office (613-389-9060) or emailing.
- Katie can be reached at email@example.com, Pastor Greg can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org, Pastor Cam can be reached at email@example.com
I encourage you to do two things with your giving that may help a little.
- Do your giving each week as part of this devotional/worship time. I know it is not exactly the same thing, but it does help us view our giving as worship rather than simply a financial transaction.
- Take time to pray as you give. Thank God for what he has given to you, acknowledge your trust in him for tomorrow, and tell him why you give to him and the work of his church. Ps 24:1, 2 Cor 9:6-7.
- Best – E-Transfer (no fees)
- firstname.lastname@example.org is the email address you will need to make an e-transfer
- Please include your first and last name in the memo box
- If you know your envelope number please include it in the memo box (*Do not include the # sign as it will not accept that)
- Still good, but with fees – Canada Helps
- https://bayridgealliance.ca/give-with-canada-helps/ and click on the donate button to give
Thank you for honouring God by supporting your local Church. Pr 3:9-10
Benediction “Good Words”
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not rely on your own insight. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.