Welcome this morning as we begin our worship by reading Psalm 44:1-8
1O God, we have heard with our ears,
our fathers have told us,
what deeds you performed in their days,
in the days of old:
2 you with your own hand drove out the nations,
but them you planted;
you afflicted the peoples,
but them you set free;
3 for not by their own sword did they win the land,
nor did their own arm save them,
but your right hand and your arm,
and the light of your face,
for you delighted in them.
4 You are my King, O God;
ordain salvation for Jacob!
5 Through you we push down our foes;
through your name we tread down those who rise up against us.
6 For not in my bow do I trust,
nor can my sword save me.
7 But you have saved us from our foes
and have put to shame those who hate us.
8 In God we have boasted continually,
and we will give thanks to your name forever.
Spend a few minutes in reflection – June is often known for events like graduations – coming to the end of one season of life, and beginning of another. Think of times in your life where you have come to the end of something and began another. Where did you see God at work at the time, and where do you see his hand when you now reflect back on that time?
Before we close, I just want to share a few announcements:
- Summer Service Schedule – starting next week, our online service will start at 9:00 am, and our in-person service will begin at 10:30 am.
- BACity Community Prayer Meeting – Tuesday at 7 pm via Zoom. Watch for the link.
- Kids Zoom and Youth have wrapped up for the year. Have a great summer!
- Office schedule – The Office is open but we still need to work on an appointment only basis. If you are looking to get in touch with us, email is still the best option. Katie can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org, Pastor Greg can be reached at email@example.com, Pastor Dave can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org until June 30, and Pastor Cam can be reached at email@example.com.
I encourage you to do two things with your giving that may help a little.
- Do your giving each week as part of this devotional/worship time. I know it is not exactly the same thing, but it does help us view our giving as worship rather than simply a financial transaction
- Take time to pray as you give. Thank God for what he has given to you, acknowledge your trust in him for tomorrow, and tell him why you give to him and the work of his church.
- Best – E-Transfer (no fees)
- firstname.lastname@example.org is the email address you will need to make an e-transfer
- Please include your first and last name in the memo box
- If you know your envelope number please include it in the memo box (*Do not include the # sign as it will not accept that)
- Still good, but with fees – Canada Helps
- https://bayridgealliance.ca/give-with-canada-helps/ and click on the donate button to give
Thank you for honouring God by supporting the Church.
The Lord bless you
and keep you;
25 the Lord make his face shine on you
and be gracious to you;
26 the Lord turn his face toward you
and give you peace.”’