June 6, 2021
Welcome this morning as we begin our worship by reading Psalm 51
“A prayer of cleansing and pardon”
A psalm of David, regarding the time Nathan the prophet came to him after David had committed adultery with Bathsheba.
Have mercy on me, O God, because of your unfailing love. Because of your great compassion, blot out the stain of my sins. Wash me clean from my guilt. Purify me from my sin. For I recognize my rebellion; it haunts me day and night. Against you, and you alone, have I sinned; I have done what is evil in your sight. You will be proved right in what you say, and your judgment against me is just. Purify me from my sins, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. Oh, give me back my joy again; you have broken me— now let me rejoice. Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a loyal spirit within me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and make me willing to obey you. You do not desire a sacrifice, or I would offer one. The sacrifice you desire is a broken spirit. You will not reject a broken and repentant heart, O God. Then you will be pleased with sacrifices offered in the right spirit—
Scripture Memory Verse
Deuteronomy 4:9 – New International Version :
“Only be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them fade from your heart as long as you live. Teach them to your children and to their children after them.”
Before we close, I just want to share a few announcements:
- Youth Escape Room: Virtual escape room (Cam and Amy tried this online, it is pretty boss…) “Escape From Blackbeard’s Brig” June 18, 2021 at 7 pm. *** please register by June 10th *** watch for link in your email!
- BAC Life Prayer – No prayer meeting this week as it is an Elder’s meeting.
- Kids Zoom – Not this week, but the following week.
- Youth – Youth will continue online this week. Please watch for the link mid-week.
- Office schedule – The Office is closed due to the province wide lock down, reopening June 14 – with appointments only to start please. Katie can be reached at email@example.com, Pastor Greg can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org, Pastor Dave can be reached at email@example.com, Pastor Cam can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
I encourage you to do two things with your giving that may help a little.
- Do your giving each week as part of this devotional/worship time. I know it is not exactly the same thing, but it does help us view our giving as worship rather than simply a financial transaction
- Take time to pray as you give. Thank God for what he has given to you, acknowledge your trust in him for tomorrow, and tell him why you give to him and the work of his church. Ps 24:1, 2 Cor 9:6-7.
- Best – E-Transfer (no fees)
- email@example.com is the email address you will need to make an e-transfer
- Please include your first and last name in the memo box
- If you know your envelope number please include it in the memo box (*Do not include the # sign as it will not accept that)
- Still good, but with fees – Canada Helps
- https://bayridgealliance.ca/give-with-canada-helps/ and click on the donate button to give
Thank you for honouring God by supporting the Church.
Benediction “Good Words”
Have mercy on us, O God, Purify us from our sin. Create in us a clean heart, O God. Renew a loyal spirit within us. The sacrifice you desire is a broken spirit. You will not reject a broken and repentant heart, O God.