Welcome this morning as we begin our worship by reading Psalm 16
Keep me safe, O God,
for I have come to you for refuge.
I said to the Lord, “You are my Master!
Every good thing I have comes from you.”
The godly people in the land
are my true heroes!
I take pleasure in them!
Troubles multiply for those who chase after other gods.
I will not take part in their sacrifices of blood
or even speak the names of their gods.
Lord, you alone are my inheritance, my cup of blessing.
You guard all that is mine.
The land you have given me is a pleasant land.
What a wonderful inheritance!
I will bless the Lord who guides me;
even at night my heart instructs me.
I know the Lord is always with me.
I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me.
No wonder my heart is glad, and I rejoice.
My body rests in safety.
For you will not leave my soul among the dead
or allow your holy one to rot in the grave.
You will show me the way of life,
granting me the joy of your presence
and the pleasures of living with you forever.
Scripture Memory Verse – It is once again time for us to start memorizing a new verse. The next few weeks we’ll be learning Romans 15:4
Romans 15:4 – “For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope.”
Missions Focus – Kingston Pregnancy Care Centre (KPCC)
Here are some specific prayer needs from Elizabeth Sacrey (Executive Director KPCC)
- We have launched a new online marketing campaign. Pray that it is successful in reaching those who need our help.
- We are in need of volunteers & board members – pray for God to bring the right people to fill these roles.
- Pray for the mental, physical and emotional health of our staff during these challenging times.
Before we close, I just want to share a few announcements:
- BAC Life Prayer – No prayer meeting this week – Elders/Leadership meeting.
- Kids Zoom – Not this week, but the following week.
- Youth – Youth will continue online this week. Please watch for the link mid-week.
- AGM: Tentatively scheduled Sunday May 30th at 6:30 pm.
- Office schedule – The Office is closed due to the province wide lock down. We will still be monitoring our emails from home. Katie can be reached at email@example.com, Pastor Greg can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org, Pastor Dave can be reached at email@example.com, Pastor Cam can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
I encourage you to do two things with your giving that may help a little.
- Do your giving each week as part of this devotional/worship time. I know it is not exactly the same thing, but it does help us view our giving as worship rather than simply a financial transaction
- Take time to pray as you give. Thank God for what he has given to you, acknowledge your trust in him for tomorrow, and tell him why you give to him and the work of his church. Ps 24:1, 2 Cor 9:6-7.
- Best – E-Transfer (no fees)
- email@example.com is the email address you will need to make an e-transfer
- Please include your first and last name in the memo box
- If you know your envelope number please include it in the memo box (*Do not include the # sign as it will not accept that)
- Still good, but with fees – Canada Helps
- https://bayridgealliance.ca/give-with-canada-helps/ and click on the donate button to give
Thank you for honouring God by supporting the Church.
Prayer – Please take some time to pray for Kingston Pregnancy Care Centre, there are some terrified young girls making the right decision to keep a life – but need help!
The Lord bless you
and keep you;
25 the Lord make his face shine on you
and be gracious to you;
26 the Lord turn his face toward you
and give you peace.”’