Let’s begin today by reading Psalm 46…
1 God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.
2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
3 though its waters roar and foam
and the mountains quake with their surging.[c]
4 There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,
the holy place where the Most High dwells.
5 God is within her, she will not fall;
God will help her at break of day.
6 Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall;
he lifts his voice, the earth melts.
7 The Lord Almighty is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress.
8 Come and see what the Lord has done,
the desolations he has brought on the earth.
9 He makes wars cease
to the ends of the earth.
He breaks the bow and shatters the spear;
he burns the shields[d] with fire.
10 He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.”
11 The Lord Almighty is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress.
Scripture Memory Verse – We’re going to review last week’s verse, from Jeremiah 29. A good reminder that all of us can be involved in hiding the Word in our hearts.
Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Before we close, I just want to share a few announcements:
- Christmas Cheer Drive
On December 5, we’re going to have a “Christmas Cheer Drive”, collecting food and Blessing Bags for distribution in our community. If you’re familiar with our Cart to Cupboard basket we’ve had in the foyer, this year it’s more of a Car to Cupboard. No matter your current situation, we’re going to have a way for you to participate – from us coming to you, to you collecting throughout your neighbourhood.
- Kids Zoom – a reminder that Zoom Kids Church is this Wednesday, 4:15-5:15 PM for those Preschool to Grade 3, and from 7-8 PM for those Grades 4-8. Keep an eye out for the link that will be sent out from the church office.
- Youth – Youth continues Friday at 7pm. Watch for an email to RSVP your attendance. Our primary youth leaders this year will be Amy & Cam Golberg and Josh and Charline Cleaver.
- Prayer Meeting – This Tuesday night at 7 pm will be our community focussed prayer meeting. This will be a hybrid format meeting – both in person at the church, and online via Zoom. (link will be emailed on Tuesday)
- Office schedule – The Office is open Monday to Thursday. Visits continue to be by appointment only at this time, so be sure to call ahead or email. Katie can be reached at email@example.com, Pastor Greg can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org, Pastor Dave can be reached at email@example.com, and Pastor Cam can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
I encourage you to do two things with your giving that may help a little.
- Do your giving each week as part of this devotional/worship time. I know it is not exactly the same thing, but it does help us view our giving as worship rather than simply a financial transaction
- Take time to pray as you give. Thank God for what he has given to you, acknowledge your trust in him for tomorrow, and tell him why you give to him and the work of his church.
- Best – E-Transfer (no fees)
- email@example.com is the email address you will need to make an e-transfer
- Please include your first and last name in the memo box
- If you know your envelope number please include it in the memo box (*Do not include the # sign as it will not accept that)
- Still good, but with fees – Canada Helps
- https://bayridgealliance.ca/give-with-canada-helps/ and click on the donate button to give
Thank you for honouring God by supporting the Church.
The Lord bless you
and keep you;
25 the Lord make his face shine on you
and be gracious to you;
26 the Lord turn his face toward you
and give you peace.”’