Good morning BAC family.
Let’s begin this morning by reading Psalm 34:
1 I will extol the Lord at all times;
his praise will always be on my lips.
2 I will glory in the Lord;
let the afflicted hear and rejoice.
3 Glorify the Lord with me;
let us exalt his name together.
4 I sought the Lord, and he answered me;
he delivered me from all my fears.
5 Those who look to him are radiant;
their faces are never covered with shame.
6 This poor man called, and the Lord heard him;
he saved him out of all his troubles.
7 The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him,
and he delivers them.
8 Taste and see that the Lord is good;
blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.
9 Fear the Lord, you his holy people,
for those who fear him lack nothing.
10 The lions may grow weak and hungry,
but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing.
11 Come, my children, listen to me;
I will teach you the fear of the Lord.
12 Whoever of you loves life
and desires to see many good days,
13 keep your tongue from evil
and your lips from telling lies.
14 Turn from evil and do good;
seek peace and pursue it.
15 The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous,
and his ears are attentive to their cry;
16 but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil,
to blot out their name from the earth.
17 The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them;
he delivers them from all their troubles.
18 The Lord is close to the brokenhearted
and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
19 The righteous person may have many troubles,
but the Lord delivers him from them all;
20 he protects all his bones,
not one of them will be broken.
21 Evil will slay the wicked;
the foes of the righteous will be condemned.
22 The Lord will rescue his servants;
no one who takes refuge in him will be condemned.
Prayer – Lord, we have tasted and seen that you are indeed good, and we thank you that we can take refuge in you. Help us to remember that you hear us when we cry out to you and help us to listen to your voice in return. In Jesus name, Amen.
Scripture Memory – We’re going to continue on with spending some time on memorizing scripture. One of the areas we want to be encouraging all of us to grow in this year is our memorization of scripture. This is the process of “hiding your word in my heart” that Psalm 119 spoke of. This week, we present you with the following scripture…
Proverbs 4:23 “Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.”
I would invite you to not just read it today, and then forget about it. Rather, spend some time each day this week going over it, imbedding it in your mind and heart. Some suggestions to help you in this include planning to read it several times each day, writing it out and posting it somewhere you’ll see it regularly, or practicing it in smaller parts until you can put them all together.
- Think of a time where you have looked for direction from places other than God. Confess that to God if you haven’t already.
- Think of a time where you have tried to give direction to God, rather than receive it from him. Confess that to God if you haven’t already.
- Are you ready to really say “Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening?” and really mean it?
- Are you putting yourself in a position or posture to hear God’s voice?
- Are you committed to actually do what it is God is telling you to do?
- Again, are you ready to really say “Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening?” and really mean it?
Before we close, I just want to share a few announcements:
- A reminder that there is no prayer meeting this week. If you feel led to pray for our church leadership during that time, it certainly would be appreciated.
- Kids Zoom – a reminder that Zoom Kids Church is this Wednesday, 4:15-5:15 PM for those Preschool to Grade 3, and from 7-8 PM for those Grades 4-8. Keep an eye out for the link that will be sent out from the church office.
- Youth – be on the lookout for email that details what’s happening next – like a lot of things going on these days, plans are in progress, but also in flux at the same time.
- Be on the lookout for the link to RSVP for next Sunday’s In Person Gathering. A reminder to RSVP before 10 am on Thursday. This allows the team to ensure the setup is ready to accommodate everyone intending on attending in person.
- Office schedule – The Office is open Monday to Thursday most weeks (Not open this Monday due to Thanksgiving). Visits continue to be by appointment only at this time, so be sure to call ahead or email. Katie can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org, Pastor Greg can be reached at email@example.com, Pastor Cam can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org, and Pastor Dave can be reached at email@example.com. (Please note that Pastor Dave is on vacation for another week)
I encourage you to do two things with your giving that may help a little.
- Do your giving each week as part of this devotional/worship time. I know it is not exactly the same thing, but it does help us view our giving as worship rather than simply a financial transaction
- Take time to pray as you give. Thank God for what he has given to you, acknowledge your trust in him for tomorrow, and tell him why you give to him and the work of his church.
- Best – E-Transfer (no fees)
- firstname.lastname@example.org is the email address you will need to make an e-transfer
- Please include your first and last name in the memo box
- If you know your envelope number please include it in the memo box (*Do not include the # sign as it will not accept that)
- Still good, but with fees – Canada Helps
- https://bayridgealliance.ca/give-with-canada-helps/ and click on the donate button to give
Thank you for honouring God by supporting the Church.
Prayer – Please take some time to lift up John Russell and the motel ministry to the Lord this morning.
The Lord bless you
and keep you;
25 the Lord make his face shine on you
and be gracious to you;
26 the Lord turn his face toward you
and give you peace.”’