Let’s begin this morning by reading Psalm 119:9-11…
How can a young person stay on the path of purity?
By living according to your word.
10 I seek you with all my heart;
do not let me stray from your commands.
11 I have hidden your word in my heart
that I might not sin against you.
Prayer – Kind Father, you have given us your word as a guide for our lives. Help us to learn it and live it as a form of obedient worship to you. In Jesus name, Amen.
Scripture Memory – One of the areas we want to be encouraging all of us to grow in this year is our memorization of scripture. This is the process of “hiding your word in my heart” that Psalm 119 spoke of. This week, we present you with the following scripture…
Proverbs 4:23 “Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.”
I know the temptation is to read this over and move on, but can I encourage you to set out a plan to memorize this in the coming week? Some suggestions to help you in this include: plan to read it several times each day, write it out and post it somewhere you’ll see it regularly, or practice it in smaller parts until you can put them all together.
- What are the mighty acts of God in your life?
- Years Gone By?
- What is the Lord clearly saying to you?
- What are the limitations you are imposing on God’s plans?
- Why are we trying to impose these limitations?
- Ask God if there are idols in your life you need to repent of
- Declare your trust in God
Before we close, I just want to share a few announcements:
- Prayer Meeting on Tuesday at 7pm – This will be in-person and online (watch for the link)
- Kids Zoom – a reminder that Zoom Kids Church is this Wednesday, 4:15-5:15 PM for those Preschool to Grade 3, and from 7-8 PM for those Grades 4-8. Keep an eye out for the link that will be sent out from the church office.
- No youth group this week. We are working towards October 16th as our next youth night.
- Office schedule – The Office is open Monday to Thursday. Visits continue to be by appointment only at this time, so be sure to call ahead or email. Katie can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org, Pastor Greg can be reached at email@example.com, and Pastor Dave can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I encourage you to do two things with your giving that may help a little.
- Do your giving each week as part of this devotional/worship time. I know it is not exactly the same thing, but it does help us view our giving as worship rather than simply a financial transaction
- Take time to pray as you give. Thank God for what he has given to you, acknowledge your trust in him for tomorrow, and tell him why you give to him and the work of his church.
- Best – E-Transfer (no fees)
- email@example.com is the email address you will need to make an e-transfer
- Please include your first and last name in the memo box
- If you know your envelope number please include it in the memo box (*Do not include the # sign as it will not accept that)
- Still good, but with fees – Canada Helps
- https://bayridgealliance.ca/give-with-canada-helps/ and click on the donate button to give
Thank you for honouring God by supporting the Church.
The Lord bless you
and keep you;
25 the Lord make his face shine on you
and be gracious to you;
26 the Lord turn his face toward you
and give you peace.”’