Let’s begin our time today by reading from Psalm 103:1-5
Praise the Lord, my soul;
all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
2 Praise the Lord, my soul,
and forget not all his benefits—
3 who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,
4 who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,
5 who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
This passage calls us to “forget not all his benefits” – his forgiveness, his healing, his redemption, love, compassion, and how he satisfies our desires with good things. What a wonderous God we serve!
As we remember his goodness to us, let’s sing together Good Good Father.
(Again, my apologies for any ads or pop-ups that come up)
Today we’re blessed to have Melinda Collins share her testimony with us, and share a bit about what is next for her. The month, Melinda and her daughter will be departing for England to serve with Ellel Ministries.
Part of Melinda’s testimony is the metaphor of the broken violin that was restored and now once again has the capability of making beautiful music. As we continue in worship, I invite you to listen to this piece that Melinda has prepared as an extension of her testimony.
Scripture: Galatians 6:1-10
Reflection Time – Are you weary?
- Are you taking on someone’s personal responsibility on when it’s theirs to bear?
- Are you failing to walk with someone to help carry their burdens?
- Are you failing to let someone else walk with you to help carry your burdens?
- Are you letting someone else take on responsibilities that are really yours to deal with?
Take some time to pray and ask the Spirit to show you if any of the answers to these questions are out of line with where he wants you to be. Remember, we worship a God who isn’t seeking to condemn us with these questions, but it seeking to bring us into closer relationship with him through the. He loves you that much, and life with the Spirit always leads to good.
Before we close, I just want to share a few announcements:
- Tuesday Prayer Meeting – We are not meeting for prayer this week. For the summer, we are holding prayer meetings on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of each month. This will continue to be on ZOOM at this point in time.
- Kids Zoom – a reminder that Zoom Kids Church is this Wednesday, 4-5 PM for those Preschool to Grade 3, and from 7-8 PM for those Grades 4-8. Joji is going to be leading the younger group, and Joanna will be leading the older one. Keep an eye out for the link that will be sent out from the church office.
- Youth Zoom – youth heading into grade 7 and up are welcome to join Pastor Dave for a Zoom call on Thursday at 6:30. Again, keep an eye out for the link from the church office.
- A reminder that next Sunday we will be celebrating Communion together, and so you’ll want to make sure you have whatever you are using as the elements on hand and ready for Sunday morning.
- Although regular office hours are suspended we continue to work. If you need anything please contact Pastor Dave (firstname.lastname@example.org) or myself (email@example.com).
- Feel free to share this and other email communications with others. Some from the church are not on the email list and we have had a few that have not received it even though they are on the list. Please help us make sure that people are keeping connected.
I encourage you to do two things with your giving that may help a little.
- Do your giving each week as part of this devotional/worship time. I know it is not exactly the same thing, but it does help us view our giving as worship rather than simply a financial transaction
- Take time to pray as you give. Thank God for what he has given to you, acknowledge your trust in him for tomorrow, and tell him why you give to him and the work of his church.
- Best – E-Transfer (no fees)
- firstname.lastname@example.org is the email address you will need to make an e-transfer
- Please include your first and last name in the memo box
- If you know your envelope number please include it in the memo box (*Do not include the # sign as it will not accept that)
- Still good, but with fees – Canada Helps
- https://bayridgealliance.ca/give-with-canada-helps/ and click on the donate button to give
Thank you for honouring God by supporting the Church.
This week’s missions focus is one of our local missions partners, Kingston Pregnancy Care Centre. They are asking prayer for:
- Pray that women will find us when they need us, especially those considering abortion.
- Pray for our new moms/moms to be. We have three due in the next couple weeks.
- Pray that they have a safe delivery and healthy baby.
- Pray for more hands – we are in need of more volunteers and board members to help us in the ministry.
The Lord bless you
and keep you;
25 the Lord make his face shine on you
and be gracious to you;
26 the Lord turn his face toward you
and give you peace.”’